Tuesday 21 January 2014

Saturday session with Cas and Celina

In Skyhook Studios for Saturday's session were  Cas Frazer and Brazilian singer Celina

Cas and Celina


Enjoyable day getting some groovy vibes going... starting with a quickly programmed drum loop using Ultrabeat.
 Laying that against Logic Pro Xs drummer Nikki on the Sunset kit.






 Next we laid down a funky guitar pattern as a guide using my Reverend Manta Ray guitar straight into the Allen and Heath's valve channels for a bit of drive.









 I plan on replacing these guitar guide tracks with a little more care at a later date.
I'll probably use my Tokai Goldstar Strat as I'm after a Nile Rodgers twangy funky disco groove for this which I'll put through my Fender Deluxe clean channel with some added compression to tighten it right up. These Dm based guitar riffs need to be extremely tight to work with the early 80s disco bassline to be added.





After a good hour in the kitchen with tea and acoustic guitar we had some draft lyrics sketched around my initial melody line... drawing inspirations from Nelson Mandela to Budda and Belgium Buns.......and more tea....










Back in the control room preliminary vocals were recorded using  our two Rode Nt 1a's which I love for their raw and gritty edge which I'm hoping will suit this funky electronica dance track we are casually baking......... to be continued......









No comments:

Post a Comment